Friday 21 May 2010

Blackmore: Walker Family

Received
17 April 2010

I am researching the Walker and Pagram families of Blackmore Essex and would like to take advantage of your lookup service.
Daniel Walker, who was my great grandfather, died on 27th May 1912 at Blackmore but I do not know where he is buried.
If you are able to assist I will be very grateful
regards
Marienne Faull
NSW Australia


Replied
18 April 2010

Thank you for your enquiry.

There are two ‘Walker’ entries in the Burial register:

Name / Abode / When buried / Age / By whom the ceremony was performed
Daniel Walker / Blackmore / 31 May 1912 / 66 years / W Layton Petrie Vicar
Martha Walker / Ongar Poor Law Institution Stanford Rivers / 8 February 1918 / 68 years / W Layton Petrie Vicar

In return I wonder whether you are able to assist regarding a query the ‘Blackmore War Memorial Research Project Group’ have regarding a Corporal P. Pagram who served in the Essex Regiment during the First World War and returned home after the conflict. We have two possible names:
- Percival Philip Wilfred Pagram, baptised Blackmore 6 September 1896
- Percival William Pagram, buried 25 April 1974, aged 77.
We wonder whether this could be the same person? Can you help?

Best Wishes

Andrew


Received
18 April 2010

Dear Andrew,
Thank you for your very prompt reply, now I know which cemetery I have to visit when I make my big trip back to England, how I wish I had been doing my family history when I was there.

I don't think Martha belongs to me, but the details will be kept on file just in case she turns up later.
I am not able to help with your Pagram fellow, but I can give you an email address for a 'cousin' who is descended from my Joseph Charles (Charles Joseph) Pagram. [The e mail failed]. They did seem to swap their names about - my guess is it is the same fellow.

If you need any Aussie research let me know

kind regards
Marienne

No comments: