Extract from ‘Notes For A Parish History’ (ERO T/P 188/3) written by Revd. E. H. L Reeve of Stondon Massey (Essex).
26th September 1918
There are now some 25 aeroplanes at North Weald aerodrome. About 40 men are attached to each ‘plane for refitting etc: and some 1500 will probably be eventually at the station if it becomes a Flying School.
Over 400 Officers have passed through the Convalescent Hospital at Blake Hall since its inauguration in 1916 – 18 months ago.