Sunday 2 March 2008

Blackmore: Parish Registers

Some notes for family historians who may have ancestors from Blackmore in Essex.

Blackmore’s old Parish Registers are kept at the Essex Record Office (http://www.essexcc.gov.uk/vip8/ecc/ECCWebsite/dis/gui.jsp?channelOid=13813&guideOid=14788 ) in Chelmsford.

Records for Blackmore survive from 1602.

Baptism Registers cover the period 1602 to 1961.
Marriage Registers cover the period 1602 to 1992.
Burial Registers cover the period 1602 to 1893.

Records since that date are kept in the Church Safe.

I have a transcription of burial records for the period 1893 to 1920.

For information relating to any of the above, click on the ‘comments’ section below.

4 comments:

Aunty P said...

I would be very interested in your transcript of burial records as I know my family are buried in the churchyard. I'm currently exploring my family tree and it would be of great help

Andrew Smith said...

If you let me know your family's name I will run a check.

Aunty P said...

Woollard - as in Woollard Way :)

Andrew Smith said...

For entries relating to the Woollard (Woolard or Wollard) family, see entry on 14.3.09 or use search facility at top of page typing family name.