Sunday 9 March 2008

BLACKMORE HISTORY - Ask Andrew!!

Blackmore Area Local History forum.

Do you have a question about the history and heritage of the Blackmore area of Essex?
Did your ancestors live in Blackmore?
Were your relatives buried at Blackmore after 1893?
I might be able to help or put you in contact with someone who can.

Why not ‘Ask Andrew’?

Contact me
- privately via my E mail (which you will find on my Profile) or
- publicly by clicking ‘comment’ below. This will E mail my home address and I will be able to read, moderate (if necessary*), publish (on the blog) and respond (on the blog).

To view comments, click title ‘BLACKMORE HISTORY - Ask Andrew!!’.

Some notes
* I have set my Google Blog to allow anyone to send a ‘comment’. However it will not be automatically published but sent to my personal E mail box first. This should eliminate spam and safeguard the site from those who would want to post unsuitable material or comments. I want this to be a friendly site, suitable for school children doing projects and for parents to be happy with the integrity of everything posted.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Andrew,
I have just discovered that my great grandfather , Daniel Walker, was the publican at the Prince Albert in 1906 & 1908. He died on 27 May 1912 aged 66 and I wonder if you have a record in your burial transcripts. Your website is quite amazing - your passion for your hobby shines through, keep up the good work.
regards from sunny NSW Australia

Unknown said...

I am trying to find information about how SWALLOWS CROSS got it's name for my father.
Information I've found so far, indicates that the area might have once belonged to a FRANCES and ANN SWALLOW (their names are metioned in archives dated 1657 and 1768 and possibly named after them and may also have been part of THOBY PRIORY ESTATE.
I have enjoyed reading your pages very much...thank you