Thursday 6 May 2010

Blackmore: Sitch Family

Received
19 April 2010

Hello,

I am enquiring whether you can help me sort any questions that I have on my descendents Thomas Sitch and Anne Hudgell.

I know that they lived in Hall Cottages KH and are buried in St Nicholas but I cannot get the connection between the KH Sitches and the Blackmore Sitches. I am sure that Thomas was born in Blackmore and his parents were Thomas and Sarah.

Any help would be very wonderful.

Kind regards

Lynn Cooper


Replied
20 April 2010

Hello Lynn

Would you please provide me with some dates so that I can do a search? I will post your enquiry on the blog. Another suggestion is to take a look at History House which has extensive coverage of Kelvedon Hatch.

Regards

Andrew

Received
20 April 2010


Hi Andrew,

Thanks for your help, my Thomas was born in 1776, I know that there is another Thomas born 2 years different which I think is the Blackmore line. He was a woodman and in the 1841 census they were all in Hall Cottages Kelvedon Hatch, with the exception of Harriet and my GGGrandmother Sarah, who was living in London. Sarah married William Lash and then James Barker all from Navestock

If you need any more info let me know

Kind regards

Lynn

I have looked at the History House, but I still cannot make the connection between Thomas Sitch and his Blackmore relations


Replied
21 April 2010

Thanks for your response Lynn. I will post your entry on the blog.

I have two further suggestions:
- Take a look at the Sitch family notes using the following link: http://blackmorehistory.blogspot.com/search?q=sitch
- You may be interested to know that the Essex Record Office has published older parish registers on line. Go to SEAX http://seax.essexcc.gov.uk/ to see Baptisms : 1602-1712; Marriages : 1602-1749; Burials : 1602-1678 (ERO D/P 266/1/1): http://seax.essexcc.gov.uk/result_details.asp?intOffSet=100&intThisRecordsOffSet=109 and Burials 1678 – 1749 (ERO D/P 266/1/2): http://seax.essexcc.gov.uk/result_details.asp?intOffSet=100&intThisRecordsOffSet=110

Best wishes

Andrew

Received
21 April 2010

Hi Andrew,

I would appreciate a try on the blog, I shall check it regularly and I hope to go to the GRO soon.

Many thanks.
Regards.

Lynn

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've done some research and looked at my own family tree (my grt grandmother was a Sitch) and I think it's possible the Thomas born in 1776 and 1778 are one and the same?
In my tree, I have Thomas Sitch b. 1778 in Ongar to John Joseph Setch and Hannah Brown - He moved to Kelvedon Hatch by 1841 with his wife Ann (I don't know the maiden name so she could well be your Ann) and died there. This is all as far as I can tell - he seems to be the link with Kelvedon.

I hope this helps

Naomi

david sitch said...

If your Thomas was the son of Thomas Sitch/Sarah (nee Reeve) he was christened Blackmore 29 Sep 1786. I have him marrying an Ann Poss about 1811 and having 11 children, all born Kelvedon Hatch. Thomas was buried KH 6 Mar 1846. David Sitch