Wednesday 30 July 2014

The Diary of Montague Hardwick Knott, 1957 (8)

Tuesday 30.7.57

Felt a tremor in my heart whilst lying in bed last night. […] It may be that an unrealised emotional stress has been going on with my Institution at Blackmore & the frustration of its Vicarage. Not that I am consciously burdened. Hope I don’t have to give up my half-hour of exercise in the morning. They keep me limbered up & free from rheumatic aches & pains.

The post brt a cheque for £62.0.2 being the balance of the Sequestration Fund up to the time of Canon Gallop taking over the Parish of B’m as Priest in Charge. This was welcome, especially as we shall be involved in additional expense thro’ living out of the Parish.

Phoned the removal contractors & arranged for them to move us out on Wednesday 14th August & to store our furniture until we can get into the Vicarage. We will store our antiques and objects of art at Minnie’s. Phoned Fowler this morning to tell him of the arrangements. He plans to move the same day.


[…]

No comments: