The Quarterly Journal of the High Country History Group has recently been issued to members. It contains a number of items about and beyond the local area including:
- North Weald Talk
- Life as an Essex Agricultural Labourer: 1840 – 1920. Part 3 (the whole work is available in booklet form from the Priory Church of St Laurence, Blackmore, price £1.50)
- The 1911 Census
- Book Review. Harry Patch: The Last Fighting Tommy (previously published on this blog)
- Elegy Upon Ongar High Street
- Whites Directory of Essex 1848 – Stapleford Abbots
- The East End Maternity Hospital at Theydon Mount – Part 2
- Comyns Owers. A Great War Victim.
- Rebuilding Holloway Prison at Epping
- Book Review. Hill Hall.
For membership and further information go to http://www.blackmorehistory.co.uk/hchg.html