Sunday, 18 May 2008

Area: "High Country History Group" Journal No 29

The Quarterly Journal of the High Country History Group has just been issued to members. It contains a number of items about and beyond the local area. In this issue:
- The Bowyer Smyth Pedigree of Hill Hall, Stapleford Tawney
- Church Records for Greensted, Stanford Rivers, Stapleford Tawney and Theydon Mount held at Hertfordshire Archives and Local Studies (to follow on this blog)
- The Ongar Tree Strategy (as reported on this blog)
- The diary of an ejected minister. Revd. Francis Chandler of Theydon Mount
- A Hammock from Piggot Bros. & Co., Stanford Rivers, 1885.
- A Raphael painting once at St Margaret’s Church, Stanford Rivers?

For a copy of the High Country History Group Journal you need to be a member. This costs £6 per year (£9 for family). In addition a series of talks are held at Toot Hill Village Hall during the winter season and a summer walk and visit organised.

For membership contact this blog.

No comments: