Tuesday 19 August 2014

The Diary of Montague Hardwick Knott, 1957 (23)

Monday 19.8.57

How quickly the time slips by. Saturday saw H busy about her business in the am and I at my desk. […] Marjorie Shorey has changed her car – another Ford “Prefect”. A 1956 model but looks good.

Sunday was encouraging. H came w me both am & eve. There were 17 out in the am & 15 took Communion. We called on Miss Thomas at Paslow Common & learned that it was her birthday. As Miss G was out & M had in invite for tea we were on our own & enjoyed it. H forgot her door key in the am & I had to get in thro’ kitchen window on our return from church.

There were about 35 out in the evening. […] Felt free & believe God blessed the preaching. […]

We were all together for supper. Miss G brought half a birthday cake of which we all partook.

Went to B’m first thing this am. Found the plumbers busy. Still looks doubtful if we will be in by the 18th Sept. Called on Miss Thomas & promised her the hymns & psalms in advance for Sept. Called also on Mr Wood, Miss Loker & Canon Gallop. The latter gave me the block of the pc interior of St Laurence’s Ch. I want to get some more pc’s printed. Saw Willie Emmett in the village. He has promised to speak to the other boys about joining the choir.


Was back for lunch & a busy pm at my desk. Dick Browning phoned asking me to take a Quiet Afternoon with his S. S. Teachers. Have promised to do so on 7th Sept. After tea continued at my desk & prepared an expenses statement for the Inspector of Taxes. 

No comments: