Friday 16 November 2012

Blackmore: Mr Chapman the blacksmith


Received 2 November 2012

My GG Grandfather was Stephen Chapman who owned and ran the village blacksmiths for 50 years in Blackmore until his death in 1911 (and possibly his son William continued afterwards). One of his many children, daughter Caroline is my Great Grandmother.

Are you aware of any photographs of either Stephen, family members or of the blacksmiths? I would be happy to purchase any publication containing this or other information about the blacksmiths.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Matthew Ralph

Replied 3 November 2012

Hello Matthew

Thank you for your e mail.  I am not aware of any photographs - but you never know there may be one out there somewhere. I'll post the entry on the blog.

Regards

Andrew

No comments: