Friday 28 January 2011

High Ongar: Parish Registers

Received

5 January 2011

Dear Sir:

I notice that you have the Registers for High Ongar, 1538-1623. I have a family that lived in that area during those years, and wonder how I can either have someone check to verify place and date or receive a photocopy of the events. I live in California. The LDS Church has filmed some of the records, but not the early years that are of interest to me. Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. If you have someone available to check the registers for me, I will provide the names and dates.

Sincerely,

Peggy Schulz


Replied

15 January 2011

Hello Peggy

Thank you for your E mail. The High Ongar registers of baptisms, marriages and burials are held at the Essex Record Office in Chelmsford. However early copies have been digitised and are available to view online. Follow this link: http://seax.essexcc.gov.uk/displayParishContents.asp?selAlphabet=H&selParish=7437&selChurch=7469

Andrew

No comments: