Wednesday 3 September 2014

The Diary of Montague Hardwick Knott, 1957 (29)

Tuesday 3.9.57

I find it easy to let the days slip by & omit entries in this diary. […]

Saturday am A & I had a short business session & in the pm I went to B’m & worked in the Parish.  H was taken up with various jobs.

Sunday was a very happy day. The services were spiritually uplifting. We learned with regret that Mrs Marriage’s mother, Mrs Greenwood, had had a stroke on Thursday. She is at her son’s farm. We had Mr Legg, lay reader at St Stephen’s E17 to tea & took him to Paslow Common where he took the service. At the Parish Church we had our best congregation & the singing was good.

Yesterday I worked at my desk all am & H did washing. After an early lunch we took Ada & Miss Furness to B’m where we made calls and saw the builder. In the evening we called on the Vicar (KD) & Mrs Ayres & her sister Mrs Edmuns. Two choice Xians. […]

This am my old enemy was knocking at my door. […]


Am off to bed. Best place for me. […]

No comments: