Friday 27 January 2012

Not Blackmore


Blackmore End

Received 3 January 2012

Hi Andrew,

I stumbled upon your blog about Blackmore Area Local History this evening and I am wondering if you might possibly have information on a family that I know to have lived in the area in the 1800's.

I ask because I am researching my family history and as I understand from my research, one set of my 2nd great grandparents lived their whole lives in Blackmore End.

The main family I am looking at is
Sarah Webb (1832-??) and her husband John Crisp (1831-??) who had 9 children Eliza (b1852), Thomas (b1856), Martha (b1858), George (b1862), Albert (b1864), Elizabeth (b1867), Sarah (b1870), Walter (b1872) & Herbert (b1875)

I am also interested in the parents and siblings of this couple.
Sarah's parents as I understand it were Thomas Webb (1805-1840) and Mary (surname unknown)(1808-??)
John's parents were John Crisp (1797-??) and Elizabeth (surname unknown)(1807-??)

I am primarily writing to you to ask if you might be able to help with filling in a few of these names and date blanks.

I would also be very interested to know any other information you might be able to provide me with such as if any of these people are recorded in the local history at all.

Many thanks for any assistance you might be able to give me.
Thank you also for your blog, while it hasn't helped so far in my family history specifically, it has been an interesting read.

Kind regards,
Kathy

Replied 7 January 2012

Dear Kathy

Blackmore and Blackmore End are two different places in Essex.  Blackmore End is part of Wethersfield near Braintree.  My tip would be to check the Baptism Register for Wethersfield parish via Essex Ancestors / Essex Record Office.

I will post the entry on the blog to see whether anyone can help.

Regards

Andrew

No comments: