Inside Class 306 No 017 on 28th August 1989. This fleet – of which this is the last of them – was designed and commissioned by LNER in 1938 and began service in 1949 with the electrification of the line from London Liverpool Street to Shenfield. They were withdrawn from service in 1980, with the last public working thought to have been in May 2002.
A history of Class 306:
Electrification poster of 1949 showing the new trains, which later became Class 306:
The preserved train at Upminster (taken 1991):